Posted on Nov 04, 2019
As we finish out our Haute Hijab team-focused series, we are so thrilled to introduce to you our last (for now, until we have any new major hires!) HH team member. Nicole Kang recently joined us as our art director, coming from stints at Caastle, BaubleBar, Coach and Oscar de la Renta. She is in charge of the entire brand that is Haute Hijab, from the artistic direction of the site to all marketing campaigns, images, visual assets and a myriad of other things that go into showcasing our hijabs and our work for you in the most beautiful and wonderful way possible!
Nicole is a master organizer, has a consummate eye for details and has been hard at work getting the HH Brand Team and all our projects into shape! She is at her happiest when lying on a warm beach and reading a good book, and one of the things she hates the most is doing nothing! Get to know Nicole as she answers 15 fun (and a few deep) questions in our ongoing summer (now fall) team-focused series – "15 Things You May Not Know About ... "
Nicole Kang on vacation in Florence, Italy!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
It’s hard to have free time these days, but I enjoy jogging and shopping. Both cardio-based!
2. What are your hobbies? What are your dream hobbies?
My hobbies include gardening and strangely, organizing! My dream hobby is baking, but I’m not trying to attempt that right now!
3. What is something you hate doing?
I absolutely hate doing nothing. I equally hate procrastinating and being late.
4. If you could eat something on an endless loop, what would it be?
It is a common fact in the office that I eat a chicken Caesar salad every day for lunch. However I can eat my mom’s Kimchi stew on an endless loop until my last day.
5. What feeds your soul/when are you at your happiest/best?
I’m at my happiness when I’m at the beach, in warm sand, basking in the sun with a good book to soak in.
6. Who do you look up to the most and why? (living or dead)
I admire my parents the most – they have always done the right thing and never failed to display love and compassion towards the world they face.
Nicole and her mother in Cinque Terre on the western coast of Italy.
7. What is something, if you could go back and change in your life, that you would?
I’d like to go back to school and study computer sciences and pursue a career as a software engineer.
8. What is your biggest challenge in life?
My biggest challenge in life is being satisfied. Although I am grateful, my dissatisfaction is a source of drive but also contributes to disappointment.
9. What is something about you that people would be surprised to know?
People should know that they should never mess with me. Enough said.
10. What is that big dream thing you want to accomplish in life? Or if not one thing, a few things?
I dream to be a CEO one day.
11. To the non-Muslims at Haute Hijab is your favorite OR not-so-favorite thing about working at a Muslim-owned company? Or, what is one thing you’ve learned that surprised you about Muslims?
My favorite part about working at Haute Hijab is the exposure to the variety of cultures we represent.
12. What does a typical Friday night look like for you?
I’m usually out with friends or in my satin PJs watching HBO with a tub of ice cream.
13. What’s the strangest or most fun family tradition you have?
We have an annual family vacation to the Caribbean. It’s a great opportunity to turn off cellular and disappear off the grid.
14. Cat person or dog person (or some other kind of animal)?
Unfortunately neither, as I am very allergic!
15. If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be and why?
Never forget to stop to smell the flowers. It’s important to appreciate the small details!