Posted on Feb 24, 2018
By now, you've probably heard of the Disney-Marvel movie, "Black Panther", and how it smashed box office records. Directed by a Black director, and featuring a (mostly) Black cast, the movie is nothing short of amazing. More to come about the actual film – stay tuned!
For now, here's a roundup of all the fiercely fabulous African/Black Panther-inspired outfits that Black Muslim Women have been wearing to watch the film!
1. Mubarakah Ibrahim (@fitmuslimah) looks fierce in black leather, an orange-gold turban, and metallic belt. As she puts it, "[You] don’t just show up to the blackest movie in history dressed any kind of way. I needed to be full #blackpanther & #wakanda ready."
2. Suaufeeya Goodson (@Feeeeya) is the epitome of strength and elegance with clean lines and a black turban contrasted against a tailored white top.
3. Ameenah Diggins (ameenah_diggins) channels her inner warrior queen with a gold-trimmed black head wrap, leopard print neck scarf and gold arrows crisscrossed across.
4. Madinah (@Being_Madinah) is ready for action, adorned with Wakanda tribal art and jewelry.
5. Rhianna Beau (@rhianna.beau) looks regal cradling her child in matching African inspired outfits like the mother queen she is.
6. Haja Ibrahim (@Hajaibrahim) puts the 'royal' in royal blue, accessorized in gold bracelets and a belt, ready to fight in style.
7. Fatima Ibrahim (@fatimaibrahim27) is ethereal in a tie-dyed pink open-front kimono and complementing turban.
8. Sukina Pilgrim (@sukina_pilgrim) and her crew representing #BlackExcellence – Wakanda style!
9. Neelam Hakeem (@neelam_) and Tiffany Lupian (@queenlatiff) are dressed as original Black Panther Party members, circa 1969: black turtlenecks, afro, black beret, and open flap leather jacket. These sistas mean business.
10. Shazia Hossen (@_shazfit) and her friend rocking the headwrap game.
11. Leah Vernon (@lvernon2000) and her Black Muslim Girl Gang are bold and beautiful at a screening of the movie.
Black. Muslimah. Excellence. Need we say more?