Call for Submissions - Black History Month
Posted on Jan 28, 2019
We want to hear from you!
To honor and celebrate Black History Month (and beyond), we would like to feature stories, essays and photo features by and about Black Muslim women. We would like to hear from you on the intersection of being Black and being Muslim, on historical and current stories from our American Muslim communities that need amplifying and, of course, personal stories.
We prefer original content but are open to reposting strong pieces. You may submit throughout February 2019. We cannot promise to publish every piece that comes our way, however we are eager to read your submission and see if we can work together.
The Stuff You Need to Know
- Send your submissions to Dilshad D. Ali, Blog Editor at Haute Hijab at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also tweet at her @DilshadDAli.
- Submissions should be 800 words or less, and we will be editing your pieces for length and clarity as needed.
- Please also include a short, two-line bio about yourself with any relevant links or social media handles.
- If the piece was published elsewhere, please provide original link.
- We also welcome (and encourage) art or photos with your piece, but it must not violate any copyright laws.
- Please submit via Google documents whenever possible, but Microsoft Word is also fine.
We are excited to hear from you!