HH Style Guide: Melanie's 6 Summer to Fall Outfits
Posted on Sep 17, 2013
Transitioning from Summer to Fall wardrobe can be challenging if you live in a climate with severe weather change, but for the most part, Summer to Fall dressing should be effortless and easy! Here are 6 of my Summer to Fall outfits that generally work in both seasons.
1) Bright Colors - While navy, heather grey, olive green and burnt orange are Fall staples when it comes to color, don't feel the need to put away your brightly colored clothing. Bright colors transition just as well into Fall whether it's pants, tops or accessories! Just be sure to stick to one brightly colored piece in your outfit at a time.
2) White - Who said you can't wear white after Labor Day? Forget those ancient mores and keep the white coming, especially when it's paired with black - this Fall's hottest color combo - iconic black and white!
3) Leopard - I always say that leopard is less of a trend and more of a wardrobe staple. Keep those leopard pieces and pair them with your favorite pieces as you would neutral black or brown. (I love the way leopard compliments red and hot pink!) Again, try to keep the eye-catching print to one article per outfit.
4) Denim Shirt - You're definitely going to want to keep those denim shirts! Wear them alone as I did here or layer them underneath sweaters like I did above.
5) Skirts - Skirts are perfect for Summer and transition well into Fall by adding boots (to keep your legs warm!) and thicker pieces on top. I layered this rhinestone collar top with a cardi to take me swiftly into the Fall season.
6) Dresses - Again, white is definitely a go for Fall and Winter, especially formal occasion dressing. Pair your favorite dresses with long-sleeve shirts underneath or with blazers or cardigans on top!
To see more of Melanie's outfit inspirations, be sure to follow her on Instagram @hautehijab and click on the Melanie's Closet tab to see more!