What's in Her Bag? CEO Melanie Opens Up - Haute Hijab
Posted on May 24, 2013
I've opened up my purse for this popular "What's in her Bag" blog standard. Read on for my must-have's!
1) Under-eye circles have long been my biggest problem due to my Lebanese roots so I always carry around something that helps with the unsightly darkness. This Bobbi Brown corrector is to be used under concealer, but I also use it for touch-ups throughout the day.
2) YSL Touche Éclat - I carry this highlighting pen with me when I know I'll be out the entire day. It's the perfect multi-use pen to give your face a quick pick-me-up!
4) For those of you who know me personally, you know I cannot live without my Rosebud Salve! I've been addicted to this cult favorite since high school and have probably gone through 15 tins since then.
5) I love my iphone for so many reasons, but I love that I have the entire Quran on me at all times in addition to hadith and du'as. I no longer have to carry a quran or dua book around!
6) I've been using the J.Crew Magic Wallet for the past 2 years and I love it! I actually hate carrying around a purse (did I just admit that?) and the magic wallet is perfect to slip into my back pocket when I don't feel like toting a purse.
8) I've always had an oily t-zone so I carry Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets around with me everywhere. Nothing works quite like these life-saving bad boys.
9) I always carry a pen with me. I have one in every purse I own. You never know when you'll need to write something down.
10) I try to keep a masbaha on me wherever I go. There's never a bad time to make dhikr (remembrance of God)!
1) In the words of Michael Scott, "Everybody likes the guy who offers them a stick of gum." I'm gonna miss The Office.
2) My mom got me this pill box from Italy and I use it for medicine and vitamins instead of lugging the whole bottle around with me.
3) This card holder was a graduation gift that I absolutely love. I carry my business cards with me and have a place to store other important cards I need handy.
4) Particularly when traveling, I'm sure to carry around extra pins, hair ties, a mini sewing kit (this has come in real handy when buttons fall off my clothing!), an Emergen-C Vitamin C packet to help boost my immune system and Tide-to-Go just in case!
What's in your bag? Share your comments below or send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org!