Quick & Easy! How to Organize, Store and Care for your Haute Hijabs!
Posted on May 19, 2015
As requested by YOU! Watch my latest video on how to store and care for your Haute Hijabs!
1) The Load. Wash your scarves *only* with other scarves - don't include other articles of clothing as the scarves may get twisted up in pant legs, arm sleeves, etc.
2) Wash. Wash all of our hijabs (chiffon, satin, silk, woven, jersey, etc.) in warm water on the delicate/hand wash cycle. Use a soft detergent (and fabric softener so they feel super soft!) and feel free to throw in some baking soda to help eradicate odors and stains! (If you need to pre-treat stains do so before loading into the washer).
3) Dry. Throw everything in the dryer and tumble dry on low. Take everything out as soon as they finish drying.
4) Iron. Any woven or jersey wraps (this includes Viscose and Modal) will shrink up when washing and drying so they'll need a good ironing. When ironing satin or silk, be sure to iron on the non-shiny side. Chiffon may or may not need ironing depending on the size of your load and how quickly you remove them from the dryer.
5) Store. Store your hijabs by hanging them on our new Simple Scarf Hijab Hanger! Be sure to hang your hijabs as soon as you remove them to avoid any wrinkling. To see exactly how I organize my hijabs - watch the video above!
Questions? Comments? Leave them below!