How I'm Changing the World, One CURE Bar at a Time by Zobaida Falah
Posted on Jun 04, 2016
As far back as I can remember, I vividly recall my grandmother making this tasty black mixture and feeding it to us every morning. She called it her secret cure for everything. In sickness and in health, she would make us eat a spoonful of the mixture every day. She believed it protected her from any illness. The key ingredient, Black Seed, is what made the recipe so special. This powerful seed is the superman of natural food. It has been an ingredient used in my family for decades. My grandmother is over 90 years old, fit as a fiddle, and continues eating her ancient remedy today, which she learned from her grandmother before her.
We have reached an age of surplus foods, an age where people run for miles to burn off an indulgent meal, while others across the world run for miles to find a single bite to eat. We have reached an age of wealth; which has corrupted our souls and bodies, where bad food is readily available and unfortunately delicious.
As a college student, I fell victim to the junk food addiction while pulling all-nighters studying for exams. As a teacher, I watched my own students’ slum their way through middle school eating refined sugars and bad carbs. As a realtor, I observed my fellow co-workers skip meals due to lack of time.
Keeping all these factors in mind, I remembered the delightful mixture of black seeds, honey, and almonds that I grew up eating. I realized I wanted to share the cure with others and provide everyone with a readily available snack, which would fulfill the nutritious needs of humans by offering wholesome ingredients.
I vowed to turn my grandmother’s concoction into a modern durable treat for everyone across the world to cure themselves. Keeping the black seed as my main ingredient, I added my favorite healthy seeds, nuts, and spices to create the immaculate CURE bar. Every ingredient in the CURE bar was selectively chosen to significantly add nutrition to your daily diet.
To be sure, it's all natural, without any added sugar or preservatives and includes an ingredient never before used in the snack bar industry. The black seed, which has been proven to remedy may illnesses and prevent diseases, is the main ingredient. Similar to other healthy foods we neglect to consume, the black seed is not the most delicious seed. However, we have found a way to make the black seed taste as good as its health benefits. I am very picky about what I put in my body, therefore, every ingredient in the CURE bar was selectively chosen to enhance health, while tasting great.
We are working with a team of surgeons specializing in major organs of the human body as well as a nutritionist. These medical experts are dissecting the CURE bar and its benefits to insure our product is the absolute best. The CURE bar has only nine natural ingredients. Each ingredient delivers essential vitamins and minerals to your body. Below you will find a brief list of benefits from our ingredients.
- Vitamin E - protects cells from oxidative damage
- Magnesium - can lower blood sugar levels in diabetics, improve insulin sensitivity, reduce blood pressure
- Good source of protein, fiber, calcium, phosphorus, niacin, and riboflavin.
- Heart health; a one-ounce serving has 13 grams of healthy (unsaturated) fats.
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant (the darker the honey, the better, and our honey is DARK!)
- Antibacterial properties - Protects cells from damage caused by bacteria and repairs cells that have been damaged by infection.
- Excellent energy source – athletes use the carbohydrates provided by honey as an ergogenic aid to improve their performance.
Black Sesame/Cumin Seed
- Lowers blood pressure, promotes healthy cholesterol levels.
- Studied show that it inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Antibacterial properties – reduces H-pylori found in the gut that causes stomach ulcers and MRSA.
- Antioxidants - Support a healthy immune system.
- Improves digestive health – reduces gas and bloating, helps with constipation.
- Rich in oleic acid – reduces LDL (bad cholesterol) and increases HDL (good cholesterol).
- Improves bone health- very high in calcium and zinc.
- Excellent source of Fiber, Selenium (antioxidant), Iron, and Magnesium (improves circulation).
- Excellent source of fiber
- High in fiber – helps lower cholesterol.
- Improve cardiovascular health and stabilize blood sugar.
- High in protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- Anti-fungal properties – has been known to fight candida symptoms.
- Beneficial to heart health, can lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, and aids in muscle repair and development.
Get a bar, give a bar:
Our get a bar, give a bar campaign is the first effort towards our goal to end world hunger. In our efforts to cure hunger, we vow to give a bar to a hungry person for every bar we sell. On a local scale, we have partnered up with food banks and small organizations, which will deliver bars to third world countries. On a global scale, our vision is to build farms in Africa in order to have the natives farm the lands and reap the benefits. We believe in equipping people with the tools in order to teach them how to fish, or in this case farm!
Zobaida Falah is the founder of CURE M geared to foster health and happiness by promoting acts that CURE the world. She dreams of changing the world by making a positive difference and encourages others to live healthier lives and be inclined to help others. To learn more, visit www.cureyourworld.com and follow @cureyourworld on Instagram.
Would you like to guest blog for Haute Hijab? E-mail us at email@example.com!