Posted on Oct 25, 2014
Lately I've been getting a ton of questions about my skin care routine, what I do and what products I use. I filmed a short video explaining everything I do to take care of my skin including the products I use. Below you'll find a quick run-down of all the products mentioned in the video with links on where to purchase them. Also check out the blog post I mentioned in the video, How to get Beautiful, Healthy, Glowing Skin in Hijab with more tips on how to take care of your skin!
1) Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, $9.59 - Drugstore.com. This is an excellent daily cleanser that's gentle and cost-effective. Remember, cleanse twice at night and once in the morning - and never go to sleep without washing your face - even if you don't wear make-up!
2) Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner, $5.99 - Drugstore.com. Think of toner like a primer for your face - it balances the pH levels in your skin allowing the products you use afterward to be more effective.
3) Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, $79 - Sephora.com. A serum under your daily moisturizer isn't extremely necessary so if you're on a budget, skip this one, but it's another added product that will help your skin today and in the long-run; OR
3.1) Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment, $105 - Sephora.com. This product is expensive but delivers on its promises and definitely worth the investment - it's amazing as a serum under moisturizer (day and/or night) or as a mask and the results of a smooth vibrant complexion are instant!
4) Caudalie Vinoperfect Day Perfecting Fluid + SPF, $64 - Sephora.com. This moisturizer has dramatically improved my oily t-zone and I no longer need to use oil blotting sheets throughout the day. Have dry skin? Try the cream Day Perfecting Cream - it's a richer formula for drier skin. Regardless of the moisturizer you choose for the AM - make sure it has SPF! The #1 cause of damage and aging to the skin is sun exposure!
5) DERMAdoctor Wrinkle Revenge Eye Balm, $50 - Sephora.com. Probably my most favorite out of all the eye creams I've ever used (and I've used a TON!) and the most noticeable difference in fine lines and moisture; OR
5.1) Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Eye Serum, $58 - Sephora.com. Another eye cream I just started using (I don't like to use the same one for too long!) that has prolonged the results I've experienced with DERMAdoctor.
6) Rosebud Salve, $6.00 - Sephora.com. My must-have lip balm that I can't live without! I've been using it since high-school and has so many other uses - rashes, burns, irritation, cuticles - it's the best!
1) Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (see above). Remember to cleanse twice at night! Once to get rid of impurities/wash off any make-up and second to get that super-clean cleanse.
2) Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner (see above).
3) Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM, $65 - Sephora.com. Skip a retinol treatment if you're in your teens or early 20's. Late 20's - mid-30's - don't use this more than 1-2 times a week. Late 30's and up - great to use daily under your night cream.
4) Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir, $23.99 - Drugstore.com. I use this 2-4 times weekly. It's a daily exfoliator that works overnight to get rid of dead skin cells and impurities, allowing younger, renewed skin to reveal itself.
5) L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Night Cream, $70 - Sephora.com. A super rich and opulent moisturizing cream that supports natural skin regeneration (collagen synthesis, circulation and cell renewal) throughout the night and really does make the skin look visibly younger. It incorporates an essential oil of the immortelle flower that grows abundantly on the Mediterranean Sea Coast and has an exceptionally long life; it never wilts, even after being picked.
6) Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Cellular Eye Cream, $65 - Sephora.com. You don't need a separate eye cream for AM and PM but if you are going to use two, I suggest an AM cream with SPF and a thicker eye cream for night.
1) Exfoliate! I use a home-made remedy made of olive-oil and fine sugar that I use once a week to remove surface dry skin cells. My skin soaks up the olive-oil and glows for days afterwards! If you'd rather buy a product - check out Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant, $78 - Sephora.com. It's an amazing exfoliant and always gets crazy rave reviews.
2) Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, $54 - Sephora.com. Use this weekly, daily or whenever your face needs a pick-me-up! I use it before big events to give my face an instant boost - it instantly makes my face look like I've gotten 10 hours of sleep thanks to the shot of oxygen, a powerhouse form of vitamin C, time-released antioxidants, and a moisture fix, to wake-up your complexion when it's looking and feeling lackluster.
Questions? Comments? Feel free to leave them below or contact us at email@example.com!