15 Things You May Not Know About ... HH's Naseeb Mohammed, Production Manager!
Posted on Oct 21, 2019
Haute Hijab Staff
You often hear about (on our vlogs) Melanie and Ahmed visiting our Dubai factory, where your favorite Haute Hijabs are produced, sewn and inspected by a fantastic team led by Production Facility Manager Naseeb Mohammed. Naseeb is an integral part of the HH team and one of those people you don't hear much about (as he is in Dubai, not New York), but whose work is vital to bringing you all the high-quality, beautiful hijabs you've come to know and love!
Naseeb, who has been with HH for more than eight years, takes great pride in his work managing the Dubai factory and making sure every hijab that leaves there is in perfect form and up to HH's high standards. He is also a big fan of fishing (both shore and deep sea), a doting father of two cute sons and an avid motorbiker! Get to know Naseeb as he answers 15 fun (and a few deep) questions in our ongoing summer (now fall) team-focused series – "15 Things You May Not Know About ... "
Naseeb Mohammed at the Haute Hijab factory in Dubai.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
In the winter, I love taking a drive with my wife and kids to any nearest beach resort and spending some time with my sons in a swimming pool. In the summer, I enjoy playing soccer in indoor sports stadium.
2. What are your hobbies? What are your dream hobbies?
Fishing, both shore fishing and deep sea. This won’t happen often, but whenever we get a long holiday, we will go for shore fishing. Or, we hire a boat and go for deep sea fishing. Other than fishing, I like long motorbike rides. A dream hobby for me is skydiving. You will know why when you read my answer to question #9! My other dream hobby or dream trip I am recently thinking about is to live in an Indian village for a week without any sort of modern technology.
3. What is something you hate doing?
On the top of my list is going shopping in a very crowded place.
4. If you could eat something on an endless loop, what would it be?
Homemade South Indian food.
5. What feeds your soul/when are you at your happiest/best?
A motorcycle ride from my hometown in India to the nearest hill station, which is 100 km away. I think I did that hundreds of times until I moved to Dubai, but still that’s something I like to do again and again.
6. Who do you look up to the most and why? (living or dead)
My grandfather and uncle. Both of them inspired me a lot in my childhood, and they are no more. May their souls rest in peace.
7. If you could go back and change something in your life, what would it be?
I never thought or worry about my past a lot! Only positive thing here is to learn from your mistakes and try not to repeat them again.
Naseeb and his two beautiful children.
8. What is your biggest challenge in life?
This varies from time to time, but two major ones are to bring some fitness activities to my daily routine and control my eating habits.
9. What is something about you that people would be surprised to know?
I have a fear of flying! Referring back to question #2, I would like to conquer this with skydiving some day!
10. What is that big dream thing you want to accomplish in life? Or if not one thing, a few things?
There are many, but mainly to perform Hajj with my whole family together, Insha’Allah. Also, to be a part of a motorcycle club and tour across all states of India (29 states). On an average, it will take 30 days to accomplish this.
11. For the Muslims at Haute Hijab – what is your favorite or not-so-favorite thing about working at a Muslim-owned company?
I live and work in Muslim country, and I also work at a Muslim-owned company and am so proud of it. For the last eight years I have been working with Melanie and Ahmed. They both are wonderful people who supported me a lot to achieve whatever I am now. My favorite thing is everything! But, especially the support I receive.
12. What does a typical Friday night look like for you?
Actually, it should be a Thursday night for me, as I live and work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and our weekend is Friday and Saturday. Mostly all the weekends are about meeting friends and having dinners together.
13. What’s the strangest or most fun family tradition you have?
My mother and father live in my hometown in India. During winter, they will visit me here in the UAE and spend a few weeks with me and my family. So while we don’t have any particular ritual or tradition, this annual visit from my parents is always a fun time for me and my sons to spend time with my father and mother.
14. Cat person or dog person (or some other kind of animal)?
I am typically not a pet person. But here I have to choose cats, as they are quite common in Dubai.
15. If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be and why?
Live a simple, faithful life, and be good to everyone around you!
(Last image is of Naseeb and his wife.)