Posted on Sep 30, 2019
Haute Hijab Staff
We've been thrilled to have some recent, much-needed hires join us at Haute Hijab, one of those being our Logistics Specialist, Brian McCarty! But what does a logistics specialist do, and why is having one so important to your Haute Hijab experience? Brian's job is to oversee the life cycle of our products, from knowing our inventory, working out issues in the shipping and receiving of our hijabs from our suppliers to making sure all the logistical processes between the concept and design of a hijab to actually getting it made and into your hands goes smoothly.
Logistics may be Brian's speciality (he has decades of experience in this line of work in the fashion industry), but he has a few other loves in his life that brings him joy, including two senior dogs he adopted and eating ice cream, which he readily admits to loving too much! Get to know Brian as he answers 15 fun (and a few deep) questions in our ongoing summer (now fall) team-focused series – "15 Things You May Not Know About ... "
Meet Haute Hijab's new team member, Brian McCarty!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your free time?
I adopted two senior dogs, so spending time with them in Riverside Park is what I like to do in my free time.
2. What are your hobbies? What are your dream hobbies?
I’m an avid reader and movie goer, however a dream hobby would be learning German.
3. What is something you hate doing?
Answering questions like these.
4. If you could eat something on an endless loop, what would it be?
Ice creamany flavor!
5. What feeds your soul/when are you at your happiest/best?
Backyard BBQ’s with my family and all our dogs.
6. Who do you look up to the most and why? (living or dead)
My father – he was a great role model, teacher and friend.
7. What is something, if you could go back and change in your life, that you would?
I would have traveled more during my college years. I backpacked through Europe one summer but wish I had done it more.
8. What is your biggest challenge in life?
Avoiding ice cream!
9. What is something about you that people would be surprised to know?
I have a fear of heights.
10. What is that big dream thing you want to accomplish in life? Or if not one thing, a few things?
Travel more so I can correct question #7.
11. To the non-Muslims at Haute Hijab is your favorite OR not-so-favorite thing about working at a Muslim-owned company? Or, what is one thing you’ve learned that surprised you about Muslims?
I enjoy learning, so being a non-Muslim, I’m getting to know a tradition different from my own.
12. What does a typical Friday night look like for you?
At home with my dogs watching a bad Netflix series, like Criminal, Glitch and Kingdom.
13. What’s the strangest or most fun family tradition you have?
A fun family tradition we have is sailing the Peconic Bay on the North Fork of Long Island.
14. Cat person or dog person (or some other kind of animal)?
Dogs all the way!
15. If you were to create a slogan for your life, what would it be and why?
Live a great story!
Last image is of Brian with his cousin!