A Hijabi's Guide to Casual Dressing for Fall and Winter!
Posted on Nov 26, 2013
Recently, we were asked the following question, "Can you blog about ways to dress casually as a hijabi? (i.e. library, studying at a coffee shop, etc.) I feel l either look overdressed or I look like a bum when I wear sweats with hijab! So I usually just overdress. What would you suggest?"
1) Silk Blouse + Cardi - A fail-proof casual outfit for every hijabi includes a long length silk blouse with a long cardigan and your choice of pants! Dress it down with a pair of loafers and a crossbody purse!
2) Comfy Shirtdress - This is one of my favorite casual looks and an outfit I reach for all the time. A casual shirtdress (bonus points for a chambray one!) with a skinny belt and oversized scarf. Cool and effortless.
3) Classic Trench Outfit - This is the best outfit when you're on the go without much time to think about your ensemble. I love a classic trench outfit for running errands and grocery shopping. It's casual yet classy and works everytime.
4) Oversized Sweater - I've been living in oversized sweaters these days and usually layer them over some sort of oxford with boyfriend jeans and a great pair of boots. Relish in the coziness of sweats without looking like a style disaster.
5) Denim Jacket | Skirt Combo - The Denim Jacket and Maxi Skirt are a no-brainer in your choice of edgy or classic. Nix the heels to keep it casual and add a pair of boots and/or warm neckscarf to keep warm!
Do you have a blog request? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org!